Experience “river time” as the captain of your own boat or board! Enjoy one of the unique activities available in the Rocky Mountains… Paddling on a high altitude waterway so close to it’s source!
What We Offer
- Stand Up Paddling lessons
- Kayak pool sessions at the Aspen Recreation Center pool
- Private and class lessons – half day, full day, and multi day
- Basic weekend or weeklong courses – training in strokes and maneuvers in flat water, class I and II rivers. See our schedule!
- 9 week teen camps
- 6 day trips down Green River
- 2 week trips down the Grand Canyon
- ACA instructor certification courses for Kayak or Stand Up Paddle
Where We Paddle
Our beautiful local rivers… The Roaring Fork and the Colorado River are perfect for the first timer to the seasoned expert. From flat water lakes to our showcase class I and II beginner zones in the Northstar Nature Preserve and Wildwood sections, to the beginner/ intermediate class II and III sections on the lower Fork and Colorado. Class IV whitewater awaits the advanced to expert paddler only 5 minutes from Aspen making the Roaring Fork valley a paddling paradise.
All skills you learn from the first session on will transfer to all types of paddling, especially sea kayaking and sit on top kayaks available at resorts around the world.
- We are the only company using performance Stand Up Paddle boards and kayaks that actually allow you to progress in the art of river running.
- All gear, transportation and lunch for full day participants
- Equipment that is state of the art in performance and safety
- Kayaks from Jackson, Liquid Logic, Dagger, Wave Sport, and Pyrahna
- Inflatable Stand Up Paddle boards from C4 Waterman
- Paddles from Werner and Pohaku
- Wetsuits, fleece, paddle jackets, booties and helmets
*Kayaking and paddle boarding is for everyone who can swim, ages 12 and up, (private and special kids group sessions available for younger paddlers).
No prior experience is necessary.
Classes & Workshops
POOL SESSION (Rolling, Bracing, Rescue, and Paddling Skills)
- Tuesdays at ARC, 6:30pm – 8pm ($45/session or $99 for 3 sessions)
- Private pool sessions available for $100/hour
Late May through September, 7 days a week:
- Morning half-day: 9:30 am to 12:30 pm ($105)
- Afternoon half-day: 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm ($105)
- Full-day: 9:30 am to 4:30 pm ($190)
- Week long: 4 half-days and one full-day ($600)
- Weekend: 2 full-days ($380)
- 1 Person $ 365
- 2 People $ 250 per person
- 3 People $ 205 per person
- 4-6 People $ 180 per person
- 1 Person $ 250
- 2 People $ 190 per person
- 3 People $ 145 per person
- 4-6 People $ 125 per person
KIDS KAYAKING (9-12)
$300/person, all gear included – ALL SESSIONS ARE IN ASPEN
- June 19 and 20 – Half-day river sessions (9:30-12:00pm)
- June 21 and 22 – Full-day river sessions (9:30-3:00pm)
- July 10 and 11 – Half-day river sessions (9:30-12:00pm)
- July 12 and 18 – Full-day river sessions (9:30-3:00pm)
TEENS INTERMEDIATE KAYAKING (13 and up)
$575/person, all gear included
All sessions start at 9:30 am and finish by 4:30 pm drop off
- June 18 – Roaring Fork River Wildwood/Aspen Play Park
- June 25 – Roaring Fork River Glenwood Springs
- July 2 – Roaring Fork Down Valley
- July 9 – Roaring Fork Down Valley
- July 16 – Roaring Fork Down Valley
- July 23 – Roaring Fork Down Valley
- August 30 – Roaring Fork Down Valley
ACA IDW/ICE Instructor Workshops, Certifications & Updates
SPRING 2020 WORKSHOPS and CERTIFICATION – ASPEN, CO
- May 14 – 16: ACA Level 1 and 2 SUP Instructor Workshop and Cert Exam and Update
- May 27-31: ACA Level 1-4 Whitewater Kayak Instructor Workshop and Cert Exam and Update
- June 3 and 4: ACA level 3 and 4 SUP instructor Workshop, Certification Exam & Update.
- June 20: ACA Level 5 WW SUP Instructor Workshop and Certification Exam